What is Parkinson’s disease?
A nervous system disorder which progresses gradually and get worse with time. The body movements and co-ordination between the limbs are affected which makes a person susceptible to injuries from fall. The cause of the disease lies idiopathic as there is no specific cause unknown but genetic and environmental factors may be responsible for this.
Destruction of vital neurons which are the brain cells is caused which in turn results in the malfunction of the body movements as the brain is not able to receive the signals to perform the function. Lack of dopamine in these areas is the cause. The death of cells in brain occurs due to the build-up of protein bodies also termed as Lewy bodies in the neurons barring their function.
There are 4 types of Parkinson’s:
– Primary or Idiopathic
– Secondary or acquired
– Multiple system degeneration
The most common existing form of Parkinson’s is the Primary or idiopathic. Other factors like genetic or environmental are also considered but they are not much prevalent.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s
This is a progressive disorder where symptoms show up gradually with time. They are characterised as motor and non-motor
- Slowing of movements also known as Bradykinesia- It makes the simple movements slow and time consuming. The step length reduces and the person starts walking slowly with small steps.
- Vigorous shaking or tremors of hands, legs, jaw and face- This is the most identifiable symptom and can be noticed when the limb is at rest.
- Stiffness in limbs- Due to restriction and lack of movements efficiently, the limbs become stiff and the muscles become tight causing pain.
- Improper balance and co-ordination in limbs- The movements become un co-ordinated and there is risk of fall
- Hunch back or body is stooped
- Due to lack of fine motor movements writing, buttoning of shirt or all the movements which involve the motor muscles gets impaired.
- Speech changes occur. The person speech becomes monotone in all expressions and speak slowly or quickly or stammer.
Non Motor Symptoms:
- Behavioural problems
- Sensory perception is reduced
- Sleep difficulty
Many complications arise due to this slow degeneration like swallowing difficulty, constipation, bladder changes, sleep disorders, depression, fatigue, pain, sexual dysfunction.
BIM.A supports health condition of parkinson’s disease
Currently, there is no absolute cure for parkinson’s disease, however recent studies have shown that parkinson’s disease is infact an autoimmune disease. With this in mind, BIM.A helps support autoimmune diseases. Through research & development, it can be shown that TNF-α, IL-6 and IL-17 cause inflammation which in turns causes autoimmune diseases/parkinson’s disease. The health supplement BIM A is scientifically proven to reduce the production of these inflammatory mediators.
Controlled clinical trials
Volunteers who took 4 BIM A capsules per day for 15 days showed a decrease of TNF-a, IL-6, and IL-17 which lowers the severity of inflammation.